St. Arnold's Brewery Tour
Saturday, June 27
arrive by 12:45 pm
tour begins promptly at 1:00 pm
Saint Arnold Brewing Company
2000 Lyons Ave.
$10 due at door
includes tour, tasting, and souvenir mug
RSVP at email@example.com
"Chemistry and Science Careers"
Saturday, July 25
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
12109 Westheimer Road
Join us at the Science Café to shed light on careers with a chemistry background and how chemistry plays a huge role in our everyday lives. It will be a great forum to enlighten the community about the importance of chemistry as a subject. The meeting will be casual and relaxed over lunch with an emphasis on the need for more Americans to embrace a STEM path.
2016 ACS-GHS Board Nominations Open
American Chemical Society -Greater Houston Section (ACS-GHS) is seeking nominations for the following positions of the ACS-GHS Board of Directors:
· One (1) Chair Elect to serve for a term of three (3) years as Chair Elect, Chair and Past Chair;
· Two (2) Councilors to serve for a term of three (3) years;
· Two (2) Alternate Councilors to serve for a term of three (3) years;
· And Four (4) Directors to serve for a term of one (1) year.
In these positions, as a member of the ACS- GHS board of directors the officers shall have responsibility for supervision, control and direction of the affairs of the local section of the Greater Houston local section, its committees and publications; shall determine its policies and the board will actively participate in formulating its objectives and in supervising the disbursement of its funds. The term of office will begin in January of 2016 following their election. (Click Here to View the Current List of Officers). The nominated officer shall be:
- An ACS Member
- Willing to assist with the completion of annual goals and activities
- Willing to fully engage in their roles to promote chemistry throughout the Greater Houston Areas
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING BOARD OF DIRECTORS NOMINATIONS
- All nominations should utilize the attached nomination form. A self nomination is permitted.
- Nominations must be received by October 1, 2015.
- Current ACS members may nominate one candidate per open position
- All nominees should review the roles and responsibilities of the position or role that are nominated for as listed on the ACS-GHS website.
Nomination Deadline: October 1, 2015
Nominations may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or the nominations may be sent directly to Carolyn Burnley, 2014 Chair, Nominating Committee, via email: email@example.com.
After October 1, 2015, the nominating committee will compile the nominations and distribute a full list to the members of ACS- GHS for their review and vote.
BEER EVENT POSTPONED to Summer 2015 due to continued unforeseen construction issues at the brewery
The event will take place in own in City Brewing Company, 1125 West Cavalcade, Houston, TX 77009 in Summer 2015. Justin Engle, Head Brewer, Co-Owner, and fellow ACS member, will take us through the brewing process from malt to mash to boil to fermentation. We will be able to sample beers at various stages of fermentation. Justin will then present a program on the Chemistry of Beer.
Members will also be able to sample various products and purchase half-pints, pints, and pitchers at a discounted rate!
Volunteer for South West Regional Meeting (SWRM) meeting!
ACS-GHS is supporting organization of SWRM in 2016 and we are looking for voluneers!If you are interested in assisting in making this meeting as successful as the one held in 2006, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org